Personal, Social & Health Education
The aims of relationships, health and sex education (RHSE) at our school are to:
- Provide a framework in which sensitive discussions can take place
- Prepare pupils for puberty, and give them an understanding of sexual development and the importance of health and hygiene
- Help pupils develop feelings of self-respect, confidence and empathy
- Create a positive culture of communication around issues of relationships
- Teach pupils the correct vocabulary to describe themselves and their bodies
We encourage children to meet the challenges and opportunities of life ahead within the context of our core Christian values of respect, friendship and perseverance. As a Church of England school, we will ensure that our RHSE curriculum protects, informs and nurtures all pupils.
RSHE sits within the broader curriculum area of Relationships, Personal, Social, Health and Economic Education (RPHSE). As with RHSE, we follow quality assured planning from the PSHE Association in order to help pupils understand the role of money and finances in the wider world.